⦁ Selling the vehicle
⦁ Shipping the vehicle
⦁ Borrowed the vehicle
⦁ Just bought the vehicle
⦁ Uber Driver
⦁ Routine clean
⦁ New family member addition
⦁ Passing on a vehicle to a family member/friend
⦁ Getting the work vehicle ready for the next employee/driver
⦁ Spilled something that shouldn’t sit too long, for concerns of molding
⦁ Mold & Mildew odor or visible mold
⦁ Vandalism, theft, assault/battery
⦁ Small (or large, in some cases) accident/collision (for example, scrape on bumper from pulling it into the garage)
⦁ Biohazard Emergency detailing (blood, urine, feces, vomit)
⦁ Covid-19 and other airborne illness remediation
⦁ Drove over something (animal, fresh road paint, cement)
⦁ Preparation for car show
⦁ Interest in paint protection (wax - sealant - ceramic - Clear PPF)
1. Do you have ANY aftermarket engine upgrades?
2. Is your engine firewall damaged?
3. Is the lettering on your engine cover painted? If so, it may come off during the wash.
4. Have your wheels been refinished? If so, the areas that were refinished may come undone, if they are not prepped properly. Usually companies give a lifetime warranty upon a professional refinishing job.
5. Has your car been into an accident/body work (to your knowledge)?
6. Has your car been repainted (to your knowledge)?
7. Is the vehicle parked inside or outside at night?
8. Do you park around trees that leave droppings?
9. Do you have squirrels or cats in the neighborhood? Animal claws leave multiple PARALLEL scratches.
10. Are your seals around the doors, hood and trunk leaking?
11. Do you have isolated scratches or is the whole vehicle paint swirled? Swirls in the paint tend to look like spider-webs.
12. Do you have paint missing? (Chips, gouges, scrapes, etc.)
13. Do you have "paint transfer"? (Another car's color rubbed off on yours, or scrapes from rubbing a garage door, driving over fresh paint, etc.)
14. Are the headlights yellow, cloudy, or not clear enough anymore?
15. Does the paint feel rough even after washing it at home?
16. Do you wash it regularly? By yourself, or through the machine?
17. Are you using soft microfiber towels or rough terrycloth/bath towels to dry?
1. Do you have any personal items in the consoles? (We remove everything starting at the "Full Detail" level)
2. Do your sunroof controls work, and does your sunroof itself work? (Motor, motion & assembly)
3. Do your window controls work?
4. Does your radio work?
5. Any tears in the seat? Burn holes?
6. Are there scuffs or scratches in the plastics (on the dashboard, center console, doors, trunk area)
7. Are all the components of the vehicle interior intact? (No jamming, protruding, cracked or broken?)
8. Are your red seatbelt “eject” buttons faded?
9. Do you have aftermarket seat covers installed? (We remove covers starting at the "Full Detail" level)
10. Is your cabin air filter dirty, causing odors in your interior to linger? (If so, we can replace this during your appointment)
11. Do you have decorations, accessories or memorial items inside that might get damaged upon removal?
12. What is the condition of the headliner?
13. Do you use sprays/perfume/cologne inside the vehicle? (Sprays cause odors to form and linger, and spray residue can cause plastics and upholstery to melt in the sunlight)
14. Do you have an upgraded sound system which has delicate wiring? (subwoofer in the trunk, etc.)